This is crucial. For your ease, we have divided the documents we require into different categories. It’s pretty self-explanatory but just in case you need someone to guide you through it, feel free to ping on our chat or shoot us an email at [email protected]
Any one of the following is required:
- PAN/ identity proof of such beneficial owners as identified above.
- Latest passport-size colour photograph of each of the authorised signatories.
- A copy of one valid photo identification and address proof of each of the authorised signatories. In case of foreign nationals, a copy of passport (attested by the customer) is required and the signature on the Customer Information Updation Form should be verified by either a foreign notary public/ Consulate General/ Indian Embassy in order to be accepted (the passport should be current and should bear the photograph and signature of the applicant).
Address proof of all identified beneficial owners.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the entity.
- Current landline/ mobile number and email ID of the entity.
- Communication address proof of the entity. Note: Only Indian communication address proof is accepted.
- Certificate of Incorporation (COI) and company formation documents (as applicable in the respective country), duly notarised by the Indian Embassy/ notary public in the country of registration. If COI and company formation documents are in any language other than English, then the English version of the COI and company formation documents must be attested by the Indian Embassy/ notary public in the country of registration. All copies should be certified as “True and Updated Copy” and attested by a Company Secretary or the director of the foreign company whose incorporation has not been done in India as certified by the documents mentioned above.
- Permission to set up office as mentioned below
- Shareholding pattern/ list of beneficial owners holding more than 25% in the company either directly or indirectly (on letterhead).
Liaison/ Representative Office:
- Copy of permission from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is required, OR
- Copy of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) approval for foreign insurance companies.
For Branch office:
- Copy of RBI permission to open a Branch Office in India is required, OR
- For banking company, a copy of approval under the provisions of The Banking Regulation Act is required, OR
- For branch/ unit in a Special Economic Zone (SEZ), a copy of the certificate — which establishes whether the branch/ unit is a part of an SEZ — to establish a branch/ unit in SEZ is required.
For Project office:
- Duly acknowledged copy of report stating project details made to the RBI is required, OR
- Project/ Contract award letter and Annexure 4 Declaration in lieu of RBI permission for project office and underlying document to confirm the category which is mentioned in the declaration that the project is among the categories allowed.
A cheque of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 30,000 from existing Savings/Individual Current Account. Please note that this is an account opening cheque as part of the KYC requirement.
Note: Original verification and other guidelines are applicable as per current ICICI process.
Forms to Submit
Click on this link to download the forms to be submitted along with the documents.